Monday 7 March 2011

Preparing for Ash Wednesday or should I say Lent.

I am closing Monday in a few minutes - monday morning was just a maze, I actually woke up on the bus stop as the ice cold breeze hit my face. Asking myself the same question, " Why do  I have to go to work everyday? and as one of my loved and revered one would say, "to pay your bills, dummy!".hhahhaaa. People who know me well, know whom I am talking about.
The timid growl in my tummy reminded me that I have been preparing myself for lent. I was asking myself what am I up against this lent season. My loved ones salvation, my sin, my career, my studies which just don't seem to end( I have been studying since the age of three and still haven't outgrown the student life), my friends, my finances, my, my, my and my. It's just not about me anymore. When you see the truth and hear it, it's like a burden, you need to share it with someone. When you come to Christ and experience the good things He has done for you, you have this burden to share it with others and that others may be drawn to Him and experience the same peace and joy.
Yes, I will be praying for salvation of my loved ones and friends and above all I will be praying for the persecuted church and the matrys in Christ. I will be praying for revival. I will be praying that God will open the closed minds, that He will open the eyes to His truth, that He will breathe Jesus into all lives and bring them to life.Amen!
I will also be praying for the lost, for restoration of broken relationships, for healing of the sick, for unity, for forgiveness, for love, peace and tolerance.
My list is getting longer which means I need to spend more time praying. I hope we all pray for bigger issues looking at the sad and sorry state around us.
As I close, I leave you with the Armour of God( Ephesians 6: 10-18). I am going to need it in the next forty days. What about you my friend?
God Bless you and guard you!

No comments:

Post a Comment