Monday 18 April 2011

HOLY WEEK!

We are in the Holy Week and for those who have been observing lent, the Holy week or the Passion week holds lot of meaning. Even for those who didn't have time to reflect on Jesus in the last thirty three days, it's not too late.
For me, I don't have any rituals, it's just meditating on the word of God more closely. More on Jesus, why He died and why He rose. If you fast, you would just get another step closer. My hunger reminds me how I need to repent and plead to God and how much I need Him in my life. Evertime I am thirsty, I remind myself of Jesus, how He would have been thirsty and what was he given, vinegar!!! For me a sinner, a wretch....God gave His only begotten Son. See the love of the Father........
My Holy week started with a dilemma, to read my course books or to listen to God's word. I ended up spending an hour listening to 'Practicing Affirmation'. The author of this book is Sam Crabtree. I am getting this book for sure. If you have an hour to spare you must listen to this:( I am sure you will be hooked on to it if you are hungry for the word)
http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/interviews/dg-live-with-sam-crabtree

Yes and I did practice affirmation today, not one time but many times. The author says make it a pattern of life. God's mercy will pour on you.
Our Christian walk is not easy, we fall several times but God lifts us up. We just have to ask.
So I close with a prayer that God will bless you this week and may Jesus show you the purpose for which He died on the cross and rose again. Lets keep Him risen in our lives and those of others.
Continue to work towards your salvation and open your heart to Jesus, raise your hands towards heaven and invite God's Holy Spirit in your life, you will experience inexplicable joy in your life.
God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment